Today's home security solutions have become more capable every year. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to perform simple security chores like turning on your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks again? With geofencing in Newark, you can just leave the driveway and let your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Newark For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you can customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to interact with each other. This innovative approach assists your home security by putting all elements onto one, unified network. You are then able to set up a unique boundary around your house and program particular actions as you go past the prearranged border line.
For instance, when you pull away from your property, you can set your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the components you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices including speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Newark. When accessing the security app, you are able to make the most of home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: set your smart alarms and cameras to engage at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices activate when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system senses abnormal activity around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in concert with each other. Have your lighting switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for movie night with the right light and HVAC levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Newark
Whether you’re looking for extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (973) 320-7894 or submit the following form to begin customizing your optimal security system.